- 2019-02-20: Since herbarium specimens are crucial as documentation and reference for floristic mapping projects we incorporated links to digitized Ionian herbarium vouchers on our website. Currently, more than 3.000 datasets and photographs of herbarium vouchers are available online via Virtual Herbaria JACQ . See e.g. the site for Araujia sericifera, the genus Euphorbia or Campanulaceae family.
- 2018-03-20: Today, we reached a milestone concerning uploaded plant photos: More than 5.000 pictures of 1.143 taxa are currently available online.
- 2018-03-15: Thanks to Ina Dinter, who provided additional photos of rare plants from Corfu – e.g. Crucianella maritima, Genista sylvestris, Medicago intertexta, Stachys mollissima, Vicia laeta, and many others.
- 2017-01-10: Two further species of the notoriously difficult genus Potamogeton were recently recorded for the Ionian Islands – Potamogeton perfoliatus (for Lefkada and Cephalonia) and Potamogeton nodosus (for Cephalonia) – Thanks to Zdeněk Kaplan for confirming their identity.
- 2017-01-09: Another bunch of photos uploaded, some highlights are Ambrosia maritima, Medicago spp. and Valerianella spp., for several taxa details of fruits or seeds from herbarium vouchers are now included.
- 2017-01-09: First record of the neophyte Cenchrus clandestinus (syn. Pennisetum clandestinum) for the Ionian Islands – one of several tropical C4-grasses that has escaped from cultivation and is probably in extension – Thanks to Nejc Jogan for highlighting our previous misidentification of this species!
- 2016-12-05: Two additional oak species have been confirmed for Corfu: Quercus robur subsp. pedunculiflora and Quercus trojana subsp. trojana – thanks to Giannis Gasteratos for bringing them to our attention.
- 2016-08-25: 450 additional photos of plants taken on the Ionian Islands are now available online, including some pics of rare ones taken by Maria Nikolouzou and Giannis Gasteratos on Corfu – e.g. Acer monspessulanum subsp. monspessulanum, Dictamnus albus, Lilium chalcedonicum. In addition one can find digitized historic slides from the 80ies provided by Harald Pauli and Luise Schratt-Ehrendorfer – for example from Asphodeline lutea, Crucianella maritima, Petasites hybridus and Verbascum phoeniceum subsp. rechingeri.
- 2016-07-13: Potentilla laciniosa and Silene viridiflora, both discovered by Maria Nikolouzou on Corfu, are additions to the Ionian Flora – many thanks to Maria for sharing your data.
- 2016-03-13: Many new photos have been uploaded, see, e.g.
Astragalus monspessulanus subsp. monspessulanus,
Bellevalia dubia subsp. boissieri,
Digitaria ciliaris and
- 2016-01-22: The Flora Ionica Website is finally online. On this occasion, a symposium entitled »Plant biodiversity on the Ionian Islands« was held in Vienna (Austria).