- 2017-01-10: Two further species of the notoriously difficult genus Potamogeton were recently recorded for the Ionian Islands – Potamogeton perfoliatus (for Lefkada and Cephalonia) and Potamogeton nodosus (for Cephalonia) – Thanks to Zdeněk Kaplan for confirming their identity.
- 2017-01-09: Another bunch of photos uploaded, some highlights are Ambrosia maritima, Medicago spp. and Valerianella spp., for several taxa details of fruits or seeds from herbarium vouchers are now included.
- 2017-01-09: First record of the neophyte Cenchrus clandestinus (syn. Pennisetum clandestinum) for the Ionian Islands – one of several tropical C4-grasses that has escaped from cultivation and is probably in extension – Thanks to Nejc Jogan for highlighting our previous misidentification of this species!
- 2016-12-05: Two additional oak species have been confirmed for Corfu: Quercus robur subsp. pedunculiflora and Quercus trojana subsp. trojana – thanks to Giannis Gasteratos for bringing them to our attention.
- 2016-08-25: 450 additional photos of plants taken on the Ionian Islands are now available online, including some pics of rare ones taken by Maria Nikolouzou and Giannis Gasteratos on Corfu – e.g. Acer monspessulanum subsp. monspessulanum, Dictamnus albus, Lilium chalcedonicum. In addition one can find digitized historic slides from the 80ies provided by Harald Pauli and Luise Schratt-Ehrendorfer – for example from Asphodeline lutea, Crucianella maritima, Petasites hybridus and Verbascum phoeniceum subsp. rechingeri.
- 2016-07-13: Potentilla laciniosa and Silene viridiflora, both discovered by Maria Nikolouzou on Corfu, are additions to the Ionian Flora – many thanks to Maria for sharing your data.
- 2016-03-13: Many new photos have been uploaded, see, e.g.
Astragalus monspessulanus subsp. monspessulanus,
Bellevalia dubia subsp. boissieri,
Digitaria ciliaris and
- 2016-01-22: The Flora Ionica Website is finally online. On this occasion, a symposium entitled »Plant biodiversity on the Ionian Islands« was held in Vienna (Austria).